1. Age Requirement
Minimum Driver’s Age: 23
Driver’s License: The driver must possess a valid license which has been issued at least one year earlier, and is valid in Greece. Drivers with a license issued in non European Union countries need a valid International License.
Drivers older than 72 years old have to purchase “Senior Citizen’s Insurance” with cost 20 € for the whole period of the rental.
Drivers aged under 23 years have to purchase “New Driver’s Insurance” with cost 10,00 € per day
2. Driver’s License
A valid driving license held for at least one year is required. Driving licenses issued in any country-member of the European Union are acceptable. Driving licenses issued in countries not members of the European Union have to be accompanied by a valid International Driver’s Permit (IDP).
The Renter is obliged to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as it had when collected. In the case of returning the vehicle with less fuel, the renter will be charged with the fuel difference. No refunds are issued for vehicles returned with more fuel than when collected.
4. Traffic Fines
Tickets and attached administrative sanctions resulting from any violation of the Highway Code of Greece during the rental period are solely the renter’s responsibility.
5. Extra Driver
In every car rental only the driver is insured. If other drivers are going to drive the rented car, they must be present at the start of rental and carry their driving licenses
6. Vehicle Pick-up
The renter upon receipt of the vehicle must have with him:
– the applicable statutory license
– his credit card
1) FULL INSURANCE (C.D.W.): included in the price of the rental and carries an excess of 700 euros for groups A-B and 900 euros for groups C-D-E, exclude VAT.
Loss or breakage of the key, tires, wheels, car underside, windscreens, windows, mirrors, lights, and the interior of the car are not covered by the insurance
Effective if damages are not the result of violation of the Highway Code of Greece.
The vehicles are insured:
1. To third parties (excluding driver) for death and injury up to 500.000,00 € per victim.
2. For property damage to third parties (excluding vehicle) to 100.000,00 €
3. For fire and car theft
*All insurance contracts are valid for Kefalonia and Ithaca only.
If damage occurs to the vehicle, the renter is covered for the cost of repair. However you have to pay the amount of liability for damage, which is up 700 € for car groups A, B, C, up to 900 € for car groups D, E if renter’s fault, provided that the damage is not due to violation of the Highway Code of Greece.
The Insurance Terms are invalidated and the customer is liable for damages incurred in the
1. Damage caused by intent or negligence
2. Damage caused by using the wrong fuel
3. Damage caused to the bottom, the roof, the antenna, mirrors and car tires or during
the car was in a boat.
4. Violation of the Greek Traffic Code
5. Driving while Intoxicated DWI or DUI (Alcohol, drugs),
6. Driving in Unsuitable Roads,
7. The vehicle is driven by non – authorized driver
The cost included VAT of CDW is Included in the price.
8. Full Damage Waiver (F.D.W)
If the renter wants to waive the above amounts 700,00 € and 900.00 € respectively, will have to pay additional daily charge of 10,00 € for classes A, B, C, the amount of 20,00 € for categories D, E.
*These insurances do NOT cover damage caused against of the Greek Traffic Law, damage caused to tires, mirrors, at the bottom of the body and inside.
9. Additional Charges
1. Loss or destruction of key is charged the amount of 100€
2. Car interior damage is charged based on the extent of it.
3. If the vehicle is returned with stains that require special cleaning (eg in seats or on the floor, trunk, etc.), the renter pays the amount of 80,00 €